Girl Scout Troop 26232 - Cahaba Heights Elementary Fry-Down Team
Girl Scout Troop 26232 - Cahaba Heights Elementary will win your hearts and your appetite with their adorable entry for Easy Fish Gyros. Special thanks to Girl Scout Penelope Tucker, who is about to have her tenth birthday, for her editing work on this video!
Be sure to support their work by voting for their team!
Vote Today to help this team Win! Click any Team Member to Vote. REMEMBER VOTING CLOSES AT 11AM ON SUNDAY, OCT. 3rd!
Easy Fish Gyros
- Large bag battered crispy fish Fillets
- Pita flatbread
- 2 tomatoes, sliced or diced
- Torn Romain lettuce leaves
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup Tzatziki Sauce (recipe below)
Grill or bake the fish according to instructions.
Grill/warm the flatbread
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup our cream
- 1 small cucumber peeled and shredded (squeeze water out with paper towel or in strainer over the sink)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp dried dill
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp red onion very finely diced
Add all ingredients together and refrigerate for an hour or so to blend flavors.
Add a layer of Tzatziki on the flatbread. Add the lettuce and tomatoes. Add the fish and sprinkle with feta!